The Junior League of Reno has several different member statuses.
New Member – First year of membership, where members are in the process of completing the training and requirements to become Active members. New Members are not eligible to hold office or vote.
Active – members who have completed the requirements for New Membership (Provisional status) and continue to meet membership participation requirements, which include attending five (5) general membership meetings, committee placement, 8 volunteer hours and the fundraising obligation. Active Members are voting members and are eligible to hold office.
Platinum – Once an Active member has completed five (5) active years, excluding leaves of absence, she is eligible for Platinum status. Options include:
- Platinum A: Same membership requirements as Active Members.
- Platinum B: Must attend five (5) general membership meetings, but committee placement and volunteer hours are optional. Fundraising obligation still required.
- Platinum C: Must be placed on a committee, but general membership meetings and volunteer hours are optional. Fundraising obligation still required.
Diamond – Once an Active members has completed seven (7) active years, excluding leaves of absence, she is eligible for Diamond status. Options include:
- Diamond A: Must attend five (5) general membership meetings, but volunteer hours and committee placement are optional. No fundraising obligation required.
- Diamond B: Must be placed on an active or sustainer committee, but general membership meetings and volunteer hours are optional. No fundraising obligation required.
Sustaining Member – Membership who have completed seven (7) years of active service, excluding leaves of absence. Membership obligations include dues only.
Member of Distinction – Any league member who has achieved fifty (50) years of service in any Junior League.
Honorary Member – A person who has been recommended to the League for Honorary membership by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the League Board of Directors and the General Membership. An Honorary member is one who has justified membership through interest in voluntarism, commitment to community service, and contribution to the League.